Wednesday 25 November 2009

The Joys of Nooma



I'm a big fan of Nooma videos and Rob Bell.

These are exactly the kind of non-cheesy, non-embarrasing films which can be shared without feeling they are too preachy or heavy but which explore issues from a Gospel perspective. I've used this one a number of times in house groups and confirmation classes to introduce the topic of forgiveness.It's good stuff; powerful but accesible. Modern day parables.

My only issue with them is that they can be a little too American in their look and feel. The first in the series "rain" has a section which turns me right off due its overuse of the word "buddy".  I begin to lose what he's saying and get hot under the collar about how he's saying it. On the whole though they are excellent.

But Where is the British version of this ? Do we really not have the creative abilities and people to do something like this on this side of the pond ?

No comments:

Post a Comment